The Lowcountry Alliance for Healthy Youth (LCAHY) student initiative Teens for Healthy Youth (THY) is hosting events for National Drug & Alcohol Facts Week. These events kick off on Monday, March 30th to April 3rd, 2020, the THY groups at Bluffton High School, Hilton Head Christian Academy, Hilton Head Island High School, Hilton Head Preparatory School, and May River High School are participating.
On August 3rd, the Town of Bluffton, in partnership with the Lutzie 43 Foundation, will host its first Lutzie 43 Road Race. The 5k course
will run through the Bluffton Historic District starting at 7:30 a.m.
To register please visit, https://www.classy.org/event/
The mission of Teens for Healthy Youth (THY) is to promote positive teen health through:
- Community Service
- Youth Leadership
- Positive Youth Development
- Peer to Peer Education
THY is currently active in the following high schools:
- Bluffton High School – Advisor: Laura Pirkey email@example.com
- Hilton Head Christian Academy – Advisor: Deirdre Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hilton Head Island High School– Advisor: Alex Mazur email@example.com
- Hilton Head Preparatory School – Advisor: Marilyn Calore firstname.lastname@example.org
- May River High School – Advisor: Joy Nelson email@example.com
If you would like more information, please contact:
Mrs. Laura Pirkey, LCAHY Youth Coordinator
Teens for Healthy Youth (THY) is an initiative of LowCountry Alliance for Healthy Youth.
SAMHSA’s underage drinking prevention campaign helps parents and caregivers start talking to their children early about the dangers of alcohol.
This campaign aims to reduce underage drinking and substance use among youths under the age of 21 by providing parents and caregivers with information and resources they need to address alcohol and other drug use with their children early.